Sunday, November 23, 2008

US Officials Flunk Test of American History, Economics, Civics

Yahoo News reports US officials flunk test of American history, economics, civics

"US elected officials scored abysmally on a test measuring their civic knowledge, with an average grade of just 44 percent, the group that organized the exam said Thursday. Ordinary citizens did not fare much better, scoring just 49 percent correct on the 33 exam questions compiled by the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI)."

The test is here, it's not easy. There are 33 questions. I scored 97%. I'm convinced the one question I missed has two right answers but I didn't choose the conservative answer.

I also disagree with their claim that this information should be taught in college. I think it all should be taught in high school. I'm pretty sure I learned it all in high school and many college students are not US citizens.

No comments: