Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Lohan on Altman

Somehow I missed this. After Robert Altman died, Lindsay Lohan, who was in A Prairie Home Companion, (sadly his last film), released a public letter of condolence. Read it, it's moronic and incoherent. Frankie Thomas in a fun read actually compares her to the President of the United States. This should be preposterous but is sadly credible.

I didn't know that Altman's highest praise for his actors was saying they were adequate (I wonder if that applies to server performance too?). The fact that Lohan ends her letter with a reference to this and misspells it, is...(words fail me) ironically ironic.

Aside from MASH I wasn't a huge fan of Altman's films. I remember hearing him say that he hated when someone came up to him and said they saw one of his films. He made films that needed to be seen several times before you got it all, so seeing one just once missed the point. I think I'll watch Gosford Park again.

No comments: