Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Why Does Anyone Listen to Pat Robertson?

First he says about Hugo Chavez on The 700 Club on Aug 22: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."

Then he lies about saying it on an Aug 24 broadcast, where he says: "Wait a minute, I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should, quote, "take him out," and "take him out" can be a number of things including kidnapping. There are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP, but that happens all the time."

He did in the original say "We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability." "take him out" could also mean for dinner and a movie, but I don't think that's what he meant. The first quote was clear enough.

No comments: