Thursday, December 21, 2006

Forty seconds? But I want it now!

I heard a story on NPR this afternoon that made me kinda ill. Apparently there's a grill called Hot Tomatoes in Fells Point, Baltimore that serves cheese steaks...deep fried. I'd link to it, but they don't seem to have a web page, surprise, surprise. I've actually had a deep fried hot dog (bun and all) at a small hot dog stand in Fort Lee, NJ, but it was only once and it will never happen again. Somehow a deep fried cheese steak sounds a lot worse. Apparently they don't serve them every day, the NPR story made it seem as if because it's so bad for you.

I've also had deep fried Oreos, once. They were really really good, but you could feel your arteries hardening. They put them in some dough so they formed something like a flat donut hole and the cookie melted on the inside, so it was Oreo gooey goodness.

2 comments:

The Dad said...

Have you ever flash-fried a buffalo?

Unknown said...

I want to try fried Macaroni and cheese...