Friday, August 22, 2014

Total Solar Eclipse in US in 2017

This seems like a lot of warning, but it lets it be branded as the Great American Eclipse "On August 21, 2017, millions of people across the United States will see nature's most wondrous spectacle — a total eclipse of the Sun. It is a scene of unimaginable beauty; the Moon completely blocks the Sun, daytime becomes a deep twilight, and the Sun’s corona shimmers in the darkened sky. This is your guide to understand, prepare for, and view this rare celestial event."

NewImage

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks Howard! My parents live almost directly on the path in Missouri so I marked my calendar!

Richard said...

I have been waiting for this one for decades! I actually have it on my calendar already. I was thinking of an Idaho trip for a desert area to be guaranteed cloudless. There is another one on April 8, 2024
that crosses over some of the same territory in the southeastern United States.

Howard said...

Thanks, added that one to my calendar too.