Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TiVo Roamio marries content recording and roaming, but cable keeps calling

Ars has a nice review, TiVo Roamio marries content recording and roaming, but cable keeps calling. I had some setup problems but nothing as annoying as his. My Roamio has mostly "just worked" since install.

There is an issue that now that it connects to the network to try to unify different services, it wants to talk to the network. That's fine, unless the TiVo service is down. I've found that I've finished a show and clicked to delete it and my TiVo hung for a several minutes. When I got to the menu it said it couldn't contact the TiVo service. Fine, so I won't be able update the guide or look some things up, but I don't think it should affect me deleting a show stored on my TiVo.

No comments: