Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How One Heroic Mom Single-Handedly Stopped the London Terror Attack

The next time someone repeats "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun" remember this amazing story. How One Heroic Mom Single-Handedly Stopped the London Terror Attack

"Speaking with the Daily Telegraph, Loyau-Kennett described jumping off a bus in order to attend to the soldier's wounds.

'And then when I went up there was this black guy with a revolver and a kitchen knife, he had what looked like butcher’s tools and he had a little axe, to cut the bones, and two large knives and he said 'move off the body,' she said. 'So I thought 'OK, I don’t know what is going on here’ and he was covered with blood. I thought I had better start talking to him before he starts attacking somebody else. I thought these people usually have a message so I said 'what do you want?''

Loyau-Kennett says the man confessed to the soldier's slaying, and then declared, 'I killed him because he killed Muslims.'

Despite earlier reports that the men were possibly drunk or on drugs, Loyau-Kennett says the man she spoke with was neither. 'He was in full control of his decisions and ready to everything he wanted to do,' she told the Telegraph.

'We want to start a war in London tonight,' Loyau-Kennett recalled one of the men saying.

She kept both of them talking by trying to persuade them to hand over their weapons, and distracting them from the fact that they were slowly being surrounded by police.

The two were subsequently shot and taken into custody."

No comments: