Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Last Debate

Wonkbook has Everything you need to know about 2012′s final presidential debate.

Here's Factcheck.org on False Claims in Final Debate.

By far my favorite part of the debate was Obama saying "You mention the Navy, for example. You say we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military has changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers… planes land on them… we have ships that go underwater, called nuclear submarines. And so the question is not a game of Battleship, where we’re counting ships. It’s what are our capabilities.” The whole answer worked too:



I agree with James Fallows in Last Debate. "As a matter of substance, it was depressing in principle that this was the level of presidential-campaign discussion on China, India (nothing, or close to it), climate change and the environment (nothing I heard), energy (next to nothing), Europe (ditto).

But it was more striking as a matter of substance that on virtually no issue did Romney make an actual criticism, of any sort, of Obama's policy or record. Including topics where he used to disagree, like the timeline for withdrawal for Afghanistan! Instead it was, 'I agree, but you should have done it better.'"

Update: I also like this tweet from Aisha Tyler. "When I woke up today, my battleship was in tumult. Luckily the teachers had bayonets. I love teachers. Teachers are the hope of the earth." I did think Romney used "tumult" awfully much (turns out it was 5 times).

No comments: