Friday, March 16, 2012

Martin Scorsese's Film School

Co.Create wrote Martin Scorsese's Film School: The 85 Films You Need To See To Know Anything About Film. The title seems a little more specific than the introduction makes out.

"Interviewing Martin Scorsese is like taking a master class in film. Fast Company’s four-hour interview with the director for the December-January cover story was ostensibly about his career, and how he had been able to stay so creative through years of battling studios. But the Hugo director punctuated everything he said with references to movies: 85 of them, in fact, all listed below."

So whether it's really a list that he's put together, or just 85 films that came up in this four hour conversation I don't know. I do know it's a list of films from Martin Scorsese so it's worth a look. It's heavy in Roberto Rossellini, Orson Wells, Vincente Minnelli, Luchino Visconti, Robert Altman, Frank Capra, and Michael Powell. I think I've only seen 35 of them and there's a good number I've never even heard of.

I've got some movies to watch.

No comments: