Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inside Up With Chris Hayes

Tommy Christopher explains Inside Up With Chris Hayes: The Best (And Worst) Part Of Waking Up Weekends. It's definitely one of my favorite news shows. I TiVo it on weekends and turn it on when I wake up, usually part way through the show (it airs Sat 7-9a and Sun 8-10a).

Matt Langer wrote, "Have you been watching “Up” with Chris Hayes? You should be! It’s really, really wonderful. Though honestly kind of creepy? Because that man is smart. Freakishly so. As in: he does this weird thing where whenever one of his guests brings up some random new topic he’ll just recap it for everyone watching. Like, just off the top of his head? Without a teleprompter? And it’s crazy! Who let this man with a perfectly healthy frontal cortex on television?!"

I agree that his recaps are great and impressive, but I don't think its freakishly smart. I think all journalists should be able to do this on topics they cover but so few do (or can). In that sense, yeah, him doing it is freakish, but also really appreciated.

No comments: