Thursday, December 15, 2011

Google Zeitgeist 2011

I remember when Google Zeitgeist used to be interesting. I'm not sure what it means when under fastest-rising we get Ryan Dunn, who's name I didn't know but was in the Jackass films and died in June. He's third and Steve Jobs is ninth. The other lists I find equally uninteresting and the graphics annoying. It's a 2.5d grid with height showing the value and a slider you must use to traverse the year. They break the year down into months, but if you click on one item they change to weeks. While the slider moves across a linear scale, the bars in the chart recycle the twelve bars, just relabeling the weeks. It took me too long to figure that out.

It's also too difficult to navigate the different sections, once I found the US part.

And get off of my lawn!

1 comment:

grahams said...

I actually think it makes sense that Ryan Dunn was far above Steve Jobs.

I'd guess most people who heard reports of Ryan Dunn's death first thought was, "Who the fuck is Ryan Dunn?" and turned to Google for the answers.