Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Warren could emerge as voice of Occupy Wall Street, Boston

The Boston Globe wrote Warren could emerge as voice of Occupy Wall Street, Boston - "Warren’s anti-Wall Street rhetoric has paralleled almost perfectly many of the grievances voiced by protesters in New York, Boston, and elsewhere. The striking similarities suggest Warren could become the first senator whose candidacy is driven by the emerging Occupy Wall Street movement, just as Florida Republican senate candidate Marco Rubio was propelled by the Tea Party in 2010.

But Warren’s relationship with the Occupy Wall Street movement has been hard to pin down. She has embraced it to the extent that it comports with her message. Yet she has been careful to avoid public images of herself among the tents and has stopped short of taking the protesters’ side during occasional clashes with police."

I get the hesitation but I don't think it would be hard to say something like the following: I've been to visit and hear them as I have been doing with lots of communities in MA. I obviously support protesting the inequality and doing everything possible to get that message out but the occupy movement is still new and is still working on figuring out what their whole platform is. I support that democratic process and look forward to hearing what they come up with, but I'm running to represent all the people of MA and I have to be specific in what I support so people can evaluate me fairly.

No comments: