Friday, October 28, 2011

TV That Finally Lifts Journalism Back ‘Up’

David Sirota says TV That Finally Lifts Journalism Back ‘Up’ -- In These Times "Up With Chris Hayes purposely rejects the manufactured red-versus-blue mallet that bludgeons every issue into partisan terms."

I've liked Chris Hayes since I started seeing him on Rachel Maddow. I'm also very glad he got his own show and have been (recording and) watching his show since it's start. I do agree with most of Sirota's comments. I wished I liked it more. I think there are too many commercial breaks the break the conversation and I wish there was more back and forth on a topic. I think the show would be better with fewer guests and think they have to work at fitting in remote guests better. Since they can't see who's talking or when comments are directed to them, it gets a bit awkward. Still there are some smart people on there saying interesting things and it's easy to learn a lot. I just wish it would be possible to change someone's mind and since the guests won't, why should a viewer? I hope Sirota's comments are more on the mark than mine.

No comments: