Friday, February 25, 2011

Fox News Chief, Roger Ailes, Urged Employee to Lie

The New York Times reported Fox News Chief, Roger Ailes, Urged Employee to Lie, Records Show. Federal investigators were vetting Bernard B. Kerik for the job of homeland security secretary. Judith Regan had had an affair with him. Giuliani was thinking of running for president and Kerik was formerly his NYC police commissioner. Ailes supported Giuliani and didn't want him tainted by a Kerik "scandal" so he (Alies) allegedly urged Regan to lie to investigators about the affair.

I guess I don't care too much about Regan lying about an affair (just like I didn't care if Clinton did). I know for security clearances they ask about such things to know if you're blackmailable so maybe it's important, but this was I think the vetting process which is different. What I'm curious about is why Ailes knew about the affair?

But the article is a fun read because of the section that begins "The dispute involves a cast of well-known and outsize personalities; it also includes some New Yorkers who have had spectacular career meltdowns."

No comments: