Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today's TED Talks

For all my friends with young children, you should watch this...Julia Sweeney has "The Talk" "Despite her best efforts, comedian Julia Sweeney is forced to tell a little white lie when her 8-year-old begins learning about frog reproduction -- and starts to ask some very smart questions."



William Li: Can we eat to starve cancer?


Here's the list of foods, these foods seem to make all the good lists:

Green tea
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
blueberries
Oranges
Grapefruit
Lemons
Apples
Pineapple
Cherries
Red grapes
Red wine
Bok choy
Kale
Soy beans
Ginseng
Maitake mushroom
Licorice
Turmeric
Nutmeg
Artichokes
Lavender
Pumpkin
Sea Cucumber
Tuna
Parsley
Glarlic
Tomato
Olive Oil
Grape seed oil
Dark Chocolate

1 comment:

Karl said...

sea cucumber seems a little exotic compared to the rest of the list, and I'm not sure it would make my taste "good" list, but maybe that's just me. I wonder if I could brine a garden cucumber in sea water to get the same nutritional content?