Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Breathe People, Breathe

I have not been watching much TV news in the lasts couple of days. That seems like a good choice. Here are just a couple of web articles I've seen:

Think Progress writes Media Ignore The Fact That Man Who Alerted Police To Failed Times Square Bombing Is A Muslim Immigrant. They cite a few sources complaining that there isn't enough mention that Shahzad is Muslim.

Apparently Limbaugh has been saying "Faisal Shahzad is a registered Democrat. I wonder if this SUV had an Obama sticker on it." Media Matter points out , in fact, he wasn't a registered voter and there are "no donations by Shahzad in any election cycle".

I agree with Kevin Drum, Some Times Square Perspective: "You know, I get that questioning authority is a good thing and skepticism of the system can be a virtue. But Jeez. The Times Square bomber was caught within 48 hours, placed into custody, and is providing us with tons of information. Not bad! What's more, if I remember right, pretty much everything we thought we knew about the Christmas bomber in the week after his terror attempt turned out to be wrong. I know there are elections to win and all that, but maybe this time we should all calm down just a hair and wait to piece together the entire story before deciding that everything was a complete clusterfuck?"

No comments: