Friday, May 15, 2009

Quicksilver Plugin for iusethis.com

Iusethis is a site that lets you create a profile and select what applications you use. It has metadata about the app including it's latest version, homepage and a link to the download. There are other sites like this but it's pretty slick.

Quicksilver is my favorite app of all time.

marcus ramberg wrote a Quicksilver plugin for iusethis.com. It's a cute idea. His demo video didn't make it clear to me what it does but I looked inside the plugin. It adds 3 actions for applications and 5 for text:

app Show iusethis Profile
app Open Homepage
app Download Latest Release

text Apps Tagged With
text SearchFor Apps
text Show iusethis Profile
text Open Homepage
text Download Latest Release

So getting to the homepage of an app is easy as is downloading the latest version. And if you don't have the app installed you can still just enter the name. The text actions are easily down with a websearch but it's kinda clever. I'll see if I start using this. It would be a way clean out a lot of bookmarks I keep in safari of apps' homepages.

No comments: