Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Business Lessons from The Wire

Dan Matthews writes Business lessons from The Wire "I’ve just completed series three of the excellent HBO series The Wire and it occurs to me that in amongst all the cops, drugs and guns there are some valuable business lessons to be learned."

Warning there are spoilers for season 3 in that post. I happen to agree though they missed a point that I loved about the series. Season one spent about equal time on the police bureaucracy and the drug organization. There were many mangement challenges presented in both, from in fighting to managing very unskilled and sometime untrustworthy workers.

I started rewatching season 4 last friday and watched all 13 episodes straight through. I couldn't stop and now believe it's the best of all 5 seasons.

No comments: