Monday, March 23, 2009

Let the Right One In DVD Gets Bad Subtitles

Icons of Fright reprots Let The Wrong Subtitles In To LET THE RIGHT ONE IN?! "The subtitles had been drastically changed since the last time I saw it, and dare I say... had been completely dumbed down? Sure, the basic gist of what the characters were saying was kind of there, but missing completely was the dark humor, subtleties and character nuances which made the movie so powerful and a favorite amongst audiences last year. I tried to carry on and ignore it, hoping that only a few of the translations were off... but... I was wrong. Just about the intent of every single line of dialogue was completely off and ruined the movie."

The article has plenty of examples and it's really a shame. Let the Right One In was one of my favorite films of last year and was visually stunning. It had a very limited release and I was looking forward to recommending and loaning the DVD to people, but I don't think I'll be doing that now.

Update: Magnet Plans to Fix Let The Right One In Subtitles, But Not Offering Exchanges

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.