Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still More Firefly Stuff

For a TV show that only aired 11 episodes six years ago, I'm amazed at how much Firefly fan continue to talk about it.

Yesterday I saw posts of an extensive Map of the Verse you can buy and a discussion of why the storytelling engine the writers created worked so well.

I loved the show and if you haven't seen it, all 14 completed episodes are on DVD and are fun. There's also the 2005 followup film, Serenity that explains a few of the shows long running mysteries.

3 comments:

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard said...

I have them all. I always thought Firefly was entertaining. Unfortunately, it suffered from "When is it on, Science Fiction show syndrome", fans didn't find it and it was cancelled. C'est la vie.

But all things live on in the internet, and there was enough enthusiasm to get a movie made.

Howard said...

I have a few friends who are into sci-fi who wouldn't try it because it was a western with bullets. They've watched the DVDs and love it but wouldn't try it then.