Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And Now the Waiting...

Yes I voted. There were two people in front of me and it all took less than 5 minutes. There were no people on the street with signs as I've seen in previous elections. The usual huge bake sale was replaced with a small table selling some muffins and bagels from a local bakery (or maybe Whole Foods). I've had a number of friends mentioning "I Voted" stickers, and I've never heard of them before but wasn't offered one today.

Nervous optimism...

3 comments:

The Dad said...

I was there at 7am and experienced a half hour wait. My wife went at 8:30 and it took her 5 minutes. Damned rush hour crowd.

Same here, no stickers, but there was a CNN exit poller. I found one question interesting. "How much was race a factor for you in the election?" I actually had to say a lot, though it wouldn't have swayed my vote either way. I say a lot because one of the biggest things I look forward to is seeing and African American in the office so that all the folks out there worried about it out there can stop whining, grab a broom, and brush away the shards of that shattered glass ceiling.

I heard a quote from An African American MC'ing a rally yesterday somewhere(didn't catch who):

"Rosa Parks sat so MLK could stand. MLK stood so Malcom X could walk. Malcom X walked so Obama could run. Obama runs so we can fly".

Well, I get to watch Stewart and Colbert in the hotel bar in Eagan, MN tonight.

Anonymous said...

I voted at 8:30 am, had heard that the Jamaica Plain polling locations had about 50 before the 7am opening and 100 at 7am.

I voted for Barak Hussain Obama / Joe (the VP) Biden and no on 1, yes on 2 and yes on 3.

Anonymous said...

... and I got lost on the way to the precinct ... drove around in some dark areas of Arlington Heights and then thought that it was good this was Massachusetts and my wife voted and it was too late anyway... Oh, well.