Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Transformers

I missed the Transformers craze, but apparently it imprinted on a lot of kids. Gizmode reports: "French performance art troupe "Not So Noisy" have spent the last month "assembling" giant, life-sized Autobots from normal cars, and shooting the action from overhead. Of course, they're not really building anything. They're really arranging cars (or people) in an empty parking lot so that it looks like Optimus Prime knocked back a few too many quarts of oil and passed out. But it's awesome."



Yesterday Gizmodo called this video of the F-35B a real-life transformer:

2 comments:

The Dad said...

The parking lot transformers thing, IMHO, was kinda lame. I can do the same thing with my matchbox cars far quicker and at less expense. And in the end it will just sit there and look sorta neat.

the airplane, however, is frickin cool. I want to know what keeps its nose up in the air when it's taking off. And I want a copy of that music to play in my car stereo while I'm driving....80mph....

Howard said...

I basically agree. It's a little cooler to do it with real trucks and a blimp and having the police cordon off an area, but I wanted more.

If you look closely you'll see a jet near the nose as well that keeps it up during takeoff.