Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe The Plumber

This is from a friend of mine:

Hofstra University. Hempstead, NY. October 16, 2008. (AP): Fresh from his aggressive appearance in last night's Presidential debate, Senator John McCain made a surprise announcement: "My friends, if elected President, Joe The Plumber will be the White House Chief of Staff. Joe has what America is looking for in a McCain administration. He is a Washington outsider with no political experience but a right wing philosophy. He has been busting his butt for the past 15 years. He has the ability to stop leaks." Reached at his home in Columbus, Ohio for comment, Joe stated. "I come from long line of the Plumbers and am honored that John McCain has chosen me and that he mentioned me over 15 times on television last evening. I am qualified for this position, because like other plumbers I am a hard worker. Previously I worked 70 to 94 hours per week for $85 per hour ($125/hr cash on weekends). Having spent that time on my knees dealing with other peoples sewage will be great experience for a postion in the McCain administation. I was previously hoping to realize the American Dream of owning my own business while paying no taxes and providing no health care benefits for unskilled workers such as Ann the Secretary, Juan the Driver, and Abdul the plumber, but now I can put my skills to work for a real American John McCain. Like Senator McCain, I graduated near the bottom of my class and look forward to becoming a leader." The Obama campaign had no comment. Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, reached in her temporary quarters at the Dick Cheney Bunker commented. "Joe the Plumber is the kind of person a Palin McCain administration will be bringing to Washinton. Joe is a tough guy like my husband. He has the qualifications for this job. He once fixed Katie Couric's toilet."

1 comment:

DKB said...

Howard, your comment on my Joe the Plumber post is great... I haven't fact-checked it, but unless you count the occasional chat on the plane, I think you're right about Joe the Plumber having given more interviews than Palin.