Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Debate

I thought this was the best of the debates. Bob Schieffer asked the best questions and got them talking to each other, maybe being seated as the same table helped. I thought McCain started out with his best performance and Obama was a bit weak. But once they started talking about the negative campaigning things changed. McCain kept looking annoyed and rolling his eyes. Obama started giving very good detailed answers on Ayers, healthcare, abortion, education and McCain said his talking point and attack and then had nothing to retort and just repeated himself (spread the wealth). it's better to finish well than to start well.

It was strange that at the end McCain snorted and was repeatedly sticking his tongue out. Update: Here an AP and a Reuters photo:

r1772410910.jpg


capt.1924228c0ff44e7fa21291e052c2c7ca.presidential_debate_nyts143.jpg

2 comments:

Richard said...

Sticking his tongue out at the end was very strange. It was like a "what a relief, it is over" reflex which made me feel sorry for him because not all of us can keep our composure every minute someone is watching us. I noticed that Sarah Palin did the same thing after her debate after she got out to her rally away from the debate stage. I notice that Obama always seems to keep his composure not matter what, and while Joe Biden sometimes says the craziest things, he seems to always do it with style.

I don't know why anyone would run for public office give the scrutiny that you receive.

Howard said...

I agree. I also want public officials that can keep their composure.