Monday, June 02, 2008

My Kitchen

There's been a leak in the wall of my kitchen for a while. it caused the sheetrock behind my microwave to buckle a little. My landlord patched it last fall but it came back. So Friday we decided to fix it right. Turns out two old pipes had holes in them. One was the drain from the unit above and the other was vent pipe. Getting them out is a little more involved than anyone anticipated.

IMG_1264.jpg

The white vertical pipe is new to replace the old drain. To the left is where the vent pipe was. You see it at the top and where it needs to connect just to the left of the top of the ladder. It's noon now, we'll see what shape it's in by evening.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap. I didn't realize the "hole in your wall" was so substantial! That's crazy!

Howard said...

It started smaller. Over the weekend it was just the main vertical part, the countertop was still there. Today they took out the dishwasher to be able to replace the vent pipe. The problem is where the old pipe went required removing the countertop.

The Dad said...

Yeah, but no sign of a Saarlac.

Patsy said...

I think you have been spending too much time with natalie & jessica's dad!!!

Howard said...

But I haven't been doing the work :)