Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Netflix Streaming Box Review

Gizmodo has a review of Netflix's Streaming Box!. "Netflix's first streaming box is finally here and it's pretty damn brilliant of a setup. First of all, the box is 99 bucks, and designed by Roku. It's fanless and quiet; has HDMI and optical outputs; and is about the size of five CD cases stacked together. Any Netflix disc mailing plan over $9 gets you unlimited streaming of almost 10,000 titles. Unlimited! 10K titles! Take that Apple TV and VuDu!"

I was in a market research group a while ago and they showed us early versions of this box. I was intrigued then and still am now. I'm also glad it's not Netflix red as were the models I saw.

1 comment:

The Dad said...

Intriguing, very intriguing. The plan is pretty much flawless, and it appears as if they are going to continue to improve it over time without having to buy a new unit. Right now I plug my laptop into the stereo to watch Heroes Season 1 and other items and, while it's a pain in the butt to hook up, the viewing is pretty flawless. This would also be great for keeping the many kid movies we have on the queue OUT of the queue.

Interesting how the review states this would be a good add-on next to an AppleTV or Vudu. I think your average stereo is going to reach a point of gadget overload soon.