Monday, April 14, 2008

Gonzales Can't Get a Job

The New York Times reported Alberto Gonzales can't find a law firm to hire him. "What makes Mr. Gonzales’s case extraordinary is that former attorneys general, the government’s chief lawyer, are typically highly sought."

"Despite those credentials, he left office last August with a frayed reputation over his role in the dismissal of several federal prosecutors and the truthfulness of his testimony about a secret eavesdropping program. He has had no full-time job since his resignation, and his principal income has come from giving a handful of talks at colleges and before private business groups."

Though, those "handful of talks" are probably paying as much as his role as Attorney General did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the Daily show last night, but they should have done a Gonzales on a job interview skit.

Interviewer: 1. Tell me about yourself

Gonzales clip: I don't recall

Interviewer: Why did you leave your last job?

Gonzales clip: I can't comment on an on going investigation

Interviewer: What do co-workers say about you?
Gonzales clip: I can't comment on an on going investigation


Interviewer: What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
Gonzales clip: I'm not going to comment on that.

Interviewer: Have you ever had to fire anyone? How did you feel about that?

Gonzales clip: I can't comment on an on going investigation

Howard said...

LOL, that's a riot.

DKB said...

I'm tempted to say this is finally evidence that there is a god, but I'll wait to see Gonzales eaten by a plague of locusts to go that far.