Saturday, January 12, 2008

Polarization And The Democrats

Andrew Sullivan in Polarization And The Democrats publishes a readers comments.

"We don't need to to change the leadership of polarized Washington, for which Hillary is no doubt the best suited of the Democratic candidates. We need to end polarization, and that requires a Democratic landslide that only Obama might achieve. So let's roll the dice."

I've heard this a lot. There's no chance Hillary will end the polarization. It's not clear Obama can either, it's not like this is a new complaint, but he's the only one with a chance. I don't hear of many Republican's impressed by Obama, just Democrats, and last I checked while there might be a lot of independents who vote, there are very few in Congress. I guess it will all come down to what Congress will look like. If the Democrats take Congress, polarization won't be an issue, if they don't, I suspect gridlock will remain.

No comments: