Friday, January 11, 2008

The Oscar Nominees Will Be...

Entertainment Weekly guesses who The Oscar nominees will be.... They also have a list of "The 25 Movies You Need To See Before Oscar Night" (in order of likelihood to be nominated), they are:

1. No Country for Old Men
2. Atonement
3. Juno
4. Michael Clayton
5. There Will Be Blood - I've seen this, review coming
6. Into the Wild
7. American Gangster
8. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
9. Sweeney Todd
10. Charlie Wilson's War
11. The Kite Runner
12. Away From Her
13. Eastern Promises
14. La Vie en Rose
15. I'm Not There
16. A Mighty Heart
17. Gone Baby Gone
18. The Assassination of Jesse James...
19. Lars and the Real Girl
20. Hairspray
21. 3:10 to Yuma
22. The Savages
23. Enchanted
24. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
25. Ratatouille

The links are to my reviews of those I've seen. I thought I would have caught more of them than I did. Still it's a good list, all of these are good films worth seeing (Well I've heard otherwise about Sweeney Todd). So no complaints it was a bad movie year. In fact there are a bunch of good movies that aren't on this list, including some good comedies and documentaries.

No comments: