Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Late Night

Last week when the late night shows came back I TiVo'ed all four (Leno, Conan, Dave and Craig). Eh. I haven't watched any since. I know Letterman has his writers but I haven't really liked him for a whole show in a while. Craig Ferguson's monologue was been my favorite thing of these shows but I still didn't watch it regularly.

Last night Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert came back. They don't have writers but they did have video synced with what they was saying, so I'm not sure how that happened without writing. Even without writers these guys put the others to shame. Their stuff was still great, it's clear they are the primary force behind their shows. The timing was a little off. Stewart's interview was two segments long, something he usually reserves for more prominent guests. Colbert seemed to run long squeezing two interviews into the last segment and even running late. But they were funny and sharp and worth watching.

No comments: