Saturday, December 08, 2007

Romney Spokesman Won't Say If Atheists Have Place In America

Well I'm not voting for Romney. Romney Spokesman Won't Say If Atheists Have Place In America: "A spokesman for the Mitt Romney campaign is thus far refusing to say whether Romney sees any positive role in America for atheists and other non-believers, after Election Central inquired about the topic yesterday." I can understand a "spokesman" ducking that question and letting Romney address it himself, but really, that's pretty scary.

I propose the following amendment to the Constitution, all uses of man or person are to be clarified by meaning homo sapiens. I'll accept a difference in rights based on citizenship, but otherwise all "humans" (that is living beings of the same species as me) should be treated the same under the law and by the government. Is that so difficult to figure out? It shouldn't matter to the law what you look like or what you believe or how much money you make.

No comments: