Sunday, November 04, 2007

Comet Viewing

I enjoyed the Who documentary so much I watched it again right after it finished. It got late enough, about 1:30AM I decided to see if the sky cleared. it did, so I took out the binoculars and walked to the small park across the street and went hunting for Comet Holmes. It was a few hours after the last time I had looked and the sky was a bit different. After looking for a bit I couldn't find it and came back inside. I looked at a sky chart, got my bearings a little and tried again. I found Cassiopeia behind a tree and scanned around and then found this white blot in the sky. I couldn't see it with the naked eye, but in the binoculars it was like a white eraser smudge in the sky. Very freakin' cool. I came back in and my TiVo had automatically set the clock back so I was definitely confused as far as what time it was. And magically this post is before the last.

No comments: