Monday, November 12, 2007

The 50 Dumbest Things Bush Ever Said

The 50 Dumbest Things Bush Ever Said. My favorites:

44. "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

34. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." --Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

32. "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

31. "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

15. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

13. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." --Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

6. "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

4. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

3. "You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

No comments: