Saturday, October 20, 2007

TiVo Update

I woke up this morning to find I had received the 9.1 update on my TiVo. This should fix some sound drop out problems I had experienced but I haven't had the problem in over a month anyway.

It adds boolean logic to wishlist searches which I had been looking forward to. However I don't think it can do what I want. I want a wishlist to find all new tv show pilots, so I use the keyword "pilot". The problem is this finds lots of movies about aviators. So I wanted to do keyword:pilot and not category:movie but I think you can only apply the not operator to keywords (or title keywords). If I click a thumbs button on the category I just get an error sound. Unfortunately movies aren't labeled as such so entering "movie" as a keyword doesn't work.

I also noticed Guru Guides for the first time, I don't think it was new with this update. It's a clever idea of letting you subscribe to a wishlist by created by a guru. One was for the AFI Top 100 Movies but I've seen all of those. I looked at ones by TV Guide and Salon and I wasn't impressed with their selections.

No comments: