Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Catch a Comet - No Telescope Required

Catch a Comet - No Telescope Required "This week there is a newly visible comet in the sky and it can be seen with the unaided eye! Last week, Periodic comet Holmes (17P/Holmes), a very faint comet far from the sun experienced an outburst and brightened a million times in just a few hours. The comet puffed up (it's still expanding), changed color and wowed viewers around the world."

Unfortunately I have cloudy skies, but the first clear night I'll be out there with my new binoculars to check it out.

1 comment:

The Dad said...

We had clear skies Tuesday night and I believe I could see it. I generally suck at figuring out constellations (did you ever noticed there's none of those connecting lines up in the sky?) but after about ten minutes of hunting around I saw what appeared to the the right point of light in the right place. Unfortunately it wasn't much more than what appeared to be another star...