Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jon Stewart Tonight With Stephen Hayes

Jon Stewart had Stephen Hayes, author of Cheney, on the Daily Show tonight. Stewart was better than I've seen him in a long time. Maybe they'll post the video soon, until then here's a brief part:

Stewart: I can't jive the portrait you paint of the stedfast leader with the fear mongering not bright guy that I've seen.

Hayes: Yeah but I mean, no really I mean, Isn't it the case that that's essentially what the political debate has been about since 2001?

Stewart No, they keep saying that we don't understand the nature of this war and critics keep saying we understand the nature of it, you've been doing it wrong.

Hayes: What's the quality of difference there.

Stewart: Well no, the difference there is we're not calling them traitors.

1 comment:

The Dad said...

Yeah, it's posted now, a few down from the top. As he says at the end, "phhfllbbppffllbbb...."