Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Great Bill Paxton

What do The Terminator, Commando, True Lies, Aliens, and Titanic have in common? Believe it or not Bill Paxton. I watched Aliens last night with some new friends and I had forgotten about sniveling Private Hudson, possibly the universe's worst marine, played by Bill Paxton.

I had also forgotten his most famous line, "game over man", part of the more complete quote: "That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" Some more of Private Hudson's words of confidence:

"What do you mean 'THEY cut the power'? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals! "

"Seventeen days? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!"

I'm going to have a hard time watching the next episode of Big Love.

1 comment:

grahams said...

IMHO, my favorite is still:

"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!"