Monday, April 09, 2007

Movie Review: Grindhouse

This might be the most pointless review I've written. If you're at all interested in seeing this film you will and you won't be disappointed. If over-the-top 70s exploitation tribute zombie car chase movies aren't your cup of tea, you won't.

I didn't hear too much going into the the film and what I heard was right on. Robert Rodriguez's Zombie movie is consistently fun with quite a few cringe-worthy scenes. Every trailer shows Rose McGowan with an amputated leg and a machine gun in it's place. Really, what more is there to say. Tarantino's film has lower lows and higher highs. The beginning is talky and I don't think his best work, though it gets better as it goes along. It ends with an amazing car chase, perhaps the best ever filmed. And in between are 3 fake movie trailers that are very fun too.

My favorite line was " I want to eat your brains... and gain your knowledge.". It's even funnier in the film.

No comments: