Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Halliburton Pulls Out of Iran?

I knew Halliburton was moving to Dubai but I didn't know they were still in Iran. The Huffington Post reports Halliburton Pulls Out of Iran: But.... There are a number of points but here's my favorite:

"Gee, what took them so F#%!+$g long? I mean, Halliburton has been criticized since long before 9/11 for doing business in Iran. Hell, when he was CEO Cheney defended the company's actions and lobbied against the sanctions"

"What we do with respect to Iran and Libya is done through foreign subsidiaries, totally in compliance with US law," Cheney told ABC Television's Sam Donaldson. When Donaldson suggested, "it's a way around US law," Cheney replied: "No, no, it's provided for us specifically with respect to Iran and Libya."If you're a big multinational that's able to incorporate around the world, you don't have to worry. -Ref: This Week, ABC News, July 30, 2000.

That led me to this list of Cheney flip-flops or from what I can see, most of them can be called lies. I didn't think I could like the man less.

Meanwhile, the situation with Iran just gets worse.

No comments: