Monday, December 11, 2006

The Joys of Wisdom Teeth IV

I went back to the oral surgeon today. He saw the swelling immediately and checked out my mouth, as much as I could open it. Everything at the extraction site looked ok, there was no swelling in my mouth and "nothing to drain". He tapped on the other teeth and that didn't make me writhe in agony or anything. He said it didn't match "dry socket" situation. It all seems to be a swollen lymph node under my jaw. He prescribed some antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole) and I have another appointment on Wed. The antibiotics should take affect in a day or two. I picked them up along with some more generic Vicodin at the pharmacist for $100. So more sitting...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Hope you feel better and that this isn't taking to much time away from your short "Sabbatical".

Howard said...

Who said my sabbatical was short?

The Dad said...

So you're in this now for, what, $800? The joys of health care.

Feel better. As I sit here and chomp on one of Paula's "Howard's Chocolate Chip Cookies" cookies, I think to myself how happy I am that my wisdom teeth seem to have never appeared in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
Sab·bat·i·cal /səˈbætɪkəl/

Pronunciation[suh-bat-i-kuhl]

–adjective 1. of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
2. (lowercase) of or pertaining to a sabbatical year.
3. (lowercase) bringing a period of rest.
–noun 4. (lowercase) sabbatical year.
5. (lowercase) any extended period of leave from one's customary work, esp. for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.

I guess your going with #5.

Howard said...

Yeah, I think I like 5.