Monday, December 11, 2006

Huge Mac Software Deal

Mac Heist is offering 10 mac applications, normally priced at close to $300 for only $49. Usually these collections aren't the best apps, but this one includes Delicious Library, DEVONthink Personal, NewsFire and TextMate. Those all all apps I know (I have and love Delicious Library) are high quality. It also includes FotoMagico and RapidWeaver which don't seem cheap. ShapeShifter, Disco, iClip4, and a Pangea game round out the list. Oh and 25% of the sale goes to a charity of your choice (of 8 they list). Goodo Stuffo.

Before you ask, yes I'm tempted. I already have Delicious so that doesn't interest me. I've been thinking about TextMate but I don't have that much use for it and have 25 years of Emacs experience. I use the free Vienna over NewsFire. DEVONthink is an interesting choice among many outliners that have intrigued me but I suspect I probably wouldn't use that much. The others I suspect I won't use either. But I still might get these.

No comments: