Monday, November 13, 2006

A Good Day

So a few things came together today and I'm pretty happy. I took my new iPod Shuffle to the gym and worked out for the first time in a while. All went well and I'll be back there tomorrow. Also my Cooking with Fish class is tomorrow, so tonight I did my homework and cooked fish. I made for myself a pan seared Red Snapper over a braised fennel with a side of steamed broccoli. I basically started with this recipe but substituted chicken stock for white wine and cilantro for parsley. It came out pretty well though the snapper's skin could have been a little crisper. We'd made this in class, and if I'd hadn't done that I never would have made this at home. Exercise and a healthy meal, not bad, now if only Heroes and Studio 60 are good tonight...

5 comments:

The Dad said...

You'll make someone a good wife some day...

Howard said...

I've been a groomsman, a best man and I've given away the bride. I figured the only role left for me was groom.

Kelly said...

Hi Howard -

This is Kelly, Deb and Aron's friend in Florida.

I had to write about your good day because it mirrored my bad day, and when I read your entry, it made me smile, so I guess my bad day is ending on a good note!

I was suppose to exercise this evening but work, phone calls and a neighbor distracted me from that. Then I thought I would wing it and make a thai shrimp curry to accompany these very nice curry noodles that Deb brought me from Trader Joes. Let's just say I made a lot of dirty dishes for something that I should have ordered over the phone!!

So, I checked in on your blog because there is always something interesting to read...and before you know it, I was dreaming of Snapper with cilantro...can't wait to hear what you learn in class next!

Hoping the rest of your night goes just as well and Heroes and Studio 60 doesn't disappoint....


ps - I do believe in evolution!!

Howard said...

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your bad day, but glad I could help a bit. There's more to read now. :) Heroes was very good, Studio 60 not so much.

ps - I figured you must if you've continued reading this blog :)

Anonymous said...

"Beyond Salmon" is a great blog. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be trying this recepie ;)