Friday, September 01, 2006

Good TV

My Tivo this morning was recording North by Northwest, a great film, probably my second favorite Hitchcock. After that it was recording 12 Angry Men, just an absolutely brilliant film. I realized both were on Turner Classic Movies, back-to-back. And then I noticed what else TCM had on. Get this for a Daytime lineup: North by Northwest, 12 Angry Men, Casablanca, Sabrina, Going My Way, From Here To Eternity. I don't think the last 2 aged as well as the others, but they're still good movies. The first four are just bona fide classics.

Being home, I know that daytime TV typically sucks. But if you are home, and have the TV on, this is a lot better than soap operas. Now if only they broadcast in HD for that new Tivo Series 3 I'll be getting soon.

No comments: