Friday, March 10, 2006

More Origami

Here's a video of perhaps the worst product demo ever. It's someone showing the Asus R2H Origami device. It has some nice features including TV out and GPS. Watching him use the interface to get to things is painful, but he doesn't seem to be the most skilled user.



This image just frightens me. Ok, the arc'ed keyboard is potentially cool, but I'd have to try it to see. But look at how much space you have to see what you're typing!!! It's one line and it doesn't even span the width of the screen. No wonder I hate Outlook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all the guy showing this is either just saw this thing for the first time 10 minutes before the interview or is a moron. I knew how to do more things on the device than he did just by watching some of the other demos. From other demos I've seen it appeared to me that the keyboard was translucent so you could see and use the whole screen. Its hard to read the screen on your blog, but fro the colors it looks like the calendar portion of outlook not the message portion. I use outlook and it works very well for me.

Howard said...

Yeah I know many many people use outlook, I'm just not one of them :). It wasn't the keyboard portion that bothered me, translucent or not you're not going to see much through it. It was the rest of screen occupied by toolbars, menubars, windowing dressing, palettes, etc. So much screen real estate taken up by things you could do, but not what you're actually doing. Church of Tufte stuff.