Sunday, March 19, 2006

Depending on Toys

My second best toy is the Navigation System in my car.  (Tivo is number one).  When you have one it really becomes second nature to glance down and to the right to see a map centered on where you are and oriented the right way.  It gives you more freedom to see options to avoid traffic or go around a block, etc.

A friend had a party Saturday and I had never been to his house before.  There was a lot of resident only parking near his home so I parked two blocks away and walked.  There were a lot of curvy streets that I was unfamiliar with so I was being careful to make sure I could find the car again.  I caught myself while walking glancing down and to the right to see a map, but of course it wasn't there.  Now that would be an invention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GPS is rather cool. I have an inexpensive unit I use for geocaching ... which is like GPS-based letterboxing. The kids love it...it is like day-hiking, treasure-hunting, and orienteering all rolled together.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a verizon phone?

http://dts.vzw.com/swf/vz_nav/verizon_navigator_demo.html