Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar Nom Results

I made my predictions and the nominations came out this morning. I did 5/5 in Picture, Director, and Adapted Screenplay and 4/5 in each of the acting categories and Original Screenplay. I picked 5 for Animated Film and there are only 3 nominations but all were films I picked. I only picked 4 for Documentary and there were 5 nominations, 3/4 I picked.

Interesting that King Kong and Narnia both got nominations in each of the 3 effects categories (sound mixing, sound editing, visual effects) and that Sith didn't get any. In fact Sith only got one nomination for Makeup.

Overall Brokeback Mountain got 8 nominations, Good Night and Good Luck got 7, Crash and Memoirs of a Geisha got 6, Walk the Line and Capote got 5. John Williams was nominated twice for Original Score, for Munich and Memoirs of a Geisha.

I have a lot of films to see:
  • A History of Violence
  • Hustle & Flow
  • Junebug
  • Mrs. Henderson Presents
  • Transamerica
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • The New World
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • The Chronicles of Narnia
  • War of the Worlds
  • Darwin's Nightmare
  • Street Fight

No comments: