Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm Back

My trip was very good, more details to come. I did have some tech problems since getting home. First when I downloaded my digial pictures I noticed about 10% were cut off. It's as if not all the image was stored. My best guess is the SD card is corrupt. It's an ATP 130x 1GB card. I'll try a different card but if anyone has any hints, I'd appreciate them. My other problem was with my PowerBook. I used it last night (uploading pictures, checking mail). I put it to sleep and then this morning it wouldn't turn on. No chime, nothing on the screen, nothing. I took it to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store (which was mobbed), the guy plugged it in and turned it on and it just worked. I felt dumb, but was glad it worked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they cut off when you look at them on the Camera? If no try looking at them on another computer or at a kiosk in a store.

Howard said...

Unfortunately they are cut off when viewed on the camera.

Anonymous said...

Please let us know, but my guess is it's the camera.

The Dad said...

I saw that happen once to a pic of mine that I loaded up on flickr. The pic was fine in my iPhoto collection, but on flickr the lower 1/3 of the pic was solid gray. Never thought much of it, as I thought it was just a corrupt upload. But it makes me wonder if it is in fact (in your case) the card. I would think if it were the camera you would see it more than just 10% of your pics. UNLESS, those 10% were taken with a specific setting. Perhaps that setting is (as my two-year old says), "bloken daddy".