Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Colbert Report

So what do people think of the Colbert Report? By far my favorite part is The Word and I don't like too much of the rest. On tonight's show he did a segment comparing faith to science. It was kinda funny but since the conclusions were just what he wanted to say, it didn't hold up as strongly as his "This Week in God" segments on the Daily Show.

The interviews play like the correspondent sections of the Daily Show (my least favorite parts of that show) as opposed to Jon Stewart's interviews. I know they are different shows and Colbert is trying to play this obnoxious newscaster, but I think it works better when he's alone rather than talking with other people.

In tonight's segment he interviewed Dr. Brian Green on String Theory. Dr Green did a great job and had good stuff to say. Colbert constantly interrupted and drove the conversation all over the place. I came away from this wishing Green just had 10 mins to talk (he was funny too) and that Colbert was silent. That's not a good thing for an interviewer.

So what do you think?

No comments: