Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Welcome Back Jon Stewart, McClellan and Rove Still Suck

I've missed the Daily Show. It was on hiatus for two weeks and is finally back. Tonight they did the best coverage of the Plame leak story I've seen. It was both hilarious and as I near as I could tell accurate. In today's events, now that we know Rove was involved contrary to White House claims two years ago, the White has decided it won't comment during an investigation, even though it has until now. Among many other clips he showed David Gregory of NBC at a press conference today saying to Scott McClellan "I mean, this is ridiculous". And Stewart followed up saying "We have secretly replaced the White House press core with actual reporters". Just great.

On WikiNews I found that Gregory went on to say "No, you're not finishing -- you're not saying anything. You stood at that podium and said that Karl Rove was not involved. And now we find out that he spoke out about Joseph Wilson's wife. So don't you owe the American public a fuller explanation?" And McClellan just held fast and didn't comment. These guys are looking more and more like jerks.

No comments: